A soft version recipe for my favorite
homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite cookie to bake, without question. But that doesn’t mean I don’t crave variety! Thin & crispy cookies are wonderful with a mug of fresh brewed coffee, the cookies can be topped with a sprinkling of sugar for extra crispiness. Homestyle, oversized cookies with a generous handful of chocolate chunks are my choice when I am craving milk and cookies.
On certain days, when the idea for baking a batch of cookies is on my mind, only soft and chewy cookies will do. The following homemade chocolate chip recipe is one of my favorite versions of chocolate chip cookies that have a delicious crinkled top, yet come out of the oven with a soft texture in the middle and a slightly chewy edge. I like keeping a dozen or two unbaked dough balls in the freezer for those last minute cookie cravings! I store them in a ziploc lock bag for weeks, then bake just a few when I want warm, out of the oven, homemade cookies. These are perfect, classic cookie jar cookies. Hope you enjoy trying this recipe!
Happy baking! Follow us on Instagram for more homemade cookie ideas!
- 1 stick melted butter ( 4 ounces)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat sugars with melted butter just until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Mix in dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Feel free to add a few chocolate chunks if you like extra chocolate!
- Scoop cookie dough balls using about 2 Tablespoons of dough for each cookie.
- Cover and chill one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake dough balls 8 to 10 minutes. They should be browning on the edges and slightly underbaked in the middle.
Leave a Reply