Shortbread cookies are a favorite cookie of mine to bake! Don’t pass on trying this recipe because you think shortbread cookies are boring. I have, in the past, posted another Butter Shortbread Cookies recipe that is a simple, plain version, but this time I’ve added milk chocolate almond toffee bits, and adjusted the baking time a bit. They are buttery, crispy and full of flavor! Milk chocolate almond shortbreads are an easy cookie to bake, they keep fresh stored in a cookie jar for weeks, and ship beautifully if you want to share your own cookies with someone far away! We shipped thousands of these melt in your mouth, little bite-size cookies, nationwide, back in the day, and you can too!
Cream Butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt. Add Toffee bits. Scoop. Bake. Brew coffee or tea and enjoy. Sooooo easy!
- 12 ounces unsalted butter (1½ cups)
- 7 ounces white granulated sugar (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 pound unbleached flour ( 3⅓ cups)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces toffee bits (1⅓ cup) * I used an 8 ounce bag of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits. You could also use a toffee bar cut up into small chunks.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream cold butter and sugar together
- Add vanilla
- Combine flour and salt and mix in just until a stiff dough forms
- Stir in toffee bits. I started with my stand mixer, then added the remaining with my hands
- Use a small 1¾ inch cookie scoop and form cookies. Or use your hands and form cookies using a little over one Tablespoon of dough.
- Roll cookie dough balls until smooth. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Press cookies down using a cookie stamp dipped in white sugar, or the bottom of a glass if you don't have a stamp.
- Bake 300 degree oven for 18-22 minutes.
The cookie dough will be stiff when you roll the cookies into balls. I roll until smooth for nice edges on the cookies.
Cookies keep for weeks if kept in closed container.
If you try this cookie recipe, I’d love to see any photos that you would like to share! Tag us @countrycupboardcookies on Instagram and hashtag #countrycupboardcookies
Leave a Reply