Dark Chocolate chips and mini Peanut Butter cups combine
in a classic peanut butter chocolate cookie recipe
This peanut butter cookie recipe is new to the blog for January, 2019. Our Pennsylvania cold, snowy weather has me craving no fuss, simple recipes to bake, so I have plans to stick with classic cookies for awhile. Easy recipes will leave me more time to concentrate on sitting in front of the fireplace with a good book & a glass of red wine!
Melted butter and decadent dark chocolate chips combine with mini peanut butter cups for a soft and cake-like cookie that really hits the spot when looking for a sweet treat. I am definitely adding this cookie recipe to my files. The peanut butter cookies keep well and remain soft for days, or you can pop them into a ziploc freezer bag and save for future cookie cravings. I hope you enjoy these peanut butter cookies and Happy baking! Judy
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (4 ounces or 1 stick)
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar (3 ounces)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar ( 3 ounces)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (4 ounces)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour (6 ounces)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (3 ounces)
- 6 ounces mini peanut cups ( I used half of a 12 ounce bag of mini Reeses's miniature cups)
- Melt butter and cool
- Add white sugar and brown sugar and cream together
- Add peanut butter and cream together
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into batter just until combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips
- Unwrap mini peanut butter cups
- Cut mini peanut cups into 4 pieces each using a sharp knife. I used about 20 of the mini cups.
- Add approximately half to batter, stirring in by hand.
- Scoop out your cookies, I used a medium cookie scoop, yielding 15 cookies.
- Add more of the quartered peanut butter cups to each cookie. I added between 2- 3 pieces to each cookie.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
I used dark chocolate chips, but these cookies would also be delicious with semi-sweet chocolate chips.