Classic recipe for soft baked Peanut Butter Cookies sweetened up with mini M&M candies!
Homemade cookies are quite simply one of my favorite comfort foods. And so I decided to post this recipe for those needing comfort and calm. In case you ever do. Like Election day 2016. ?
I’ve never handed anyone a freshly baked cookie to anyone and not received a smile. Usually a big smile. Even talking about homemade cookies will often elicit smiles, enthusiastic nods and general good feelings. Cookies are my favorite dessert, my favorite sweet to bake and share. Simple ingredients coming together without much fanfare creating the perfect finger food. No utensils needed. Maybe a napkin.
Yum, I love cookies and cookie baking. This classic peanut butter cookie is one of my favorite recipes, soft and slightly crumbly, adding mini m&m’s along with regular size chocolate chips makes them special. I hope you enjoy baking a batch!
Follow us on Instagram for more cookie photos and ideas for Cookie Baking!
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces white granulated sugar (1/3 cup)
- 3 ounces packed light brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- 4 ounces creamy peanut butter (1/2 cup) * I always use Jiff® brand
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 6½ ounces all-purpose flour (1½ cup)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces mini M&M candies (approximately ½ cup, depends on size of m&m's)
- Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter
- Add egg and vanilla and mix together
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix. Don't overbeat, just mix until all ingredients come together
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Portion cookies as you desire. I used a one tablespoon size cookie scoop
- Place on parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet
- Press a few more M&M's into the top of each cookie if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I think your recipe is missing a step. There’s nothing in it about mixing in the chips and m&ms. I’m assuming it’s the last before chilling?
Yes, Meghan! Thanks for letting me know. I’ve made the correction.
Just finished making a batch, delicious!!!
So glad you like the recipe!
My cookies didn’t flatten while baking and mostly stayed in the shape of the cookie scoop I used, don’t know what I did wrong 😔
Peanut butter cookies tend to be thicker than other cookies, but they should have flattened some. The main problems when Cookie does not flatten are: oven too hot, too much flour or lack of baking soda. Hope these ideas help!