Chocolate cookies baked with dutch cocoa and loaded with chunks of dark chocolate and creamy white chocolate, then topped with flakes of sea salt
I love baking cookies, especially during this time of year with the holiday season approaching. Homemade cookies are a wonderful gift, and soon I’ll be posting more seasonal cookie recipes for the gift giving season, but this chocolate cookie seemed like a beautiful way to start the season of baking, the fall and winter months. These are soft and chocolaty cookies, with a topping of sea salt. Bake a batch and take two!
One of my daughters has opened an Etsy store to sell her vintage handmade cake and dessert stands. I purchased this very cute mini cake stand from the store, The Sweet Stand last week and love how it displays my chocolate cookies!
I picked up the blue and white plate shown below at a flea market antique store last weekend. I’m going to need more storage room for my cookie and dessert props, but it makes the task of photographing the cookies much more enjoyable!
This chocolate cookie recipe is baked with Dutch-process Cocoa and loaded with chunks of white chocolate and more chunks of a dark chocolate bar that I broke up by hand. I buy white chocolate chunks in large amounts wholesale, but you could also use a high quality white chocolate bar and cut it into pieces. King Arthur Flour carries Barry Callebaut white chocolate, which is what I use for baking; you can purchase it here from their online store. I prefer chunks of chocolate when I have them in house, melted pools of chocolate is a delicious way to enjoy a cookie! But chocolate chips will work in this recipe also.
Enjoy the best baking season of the year- Follow us on Instagram for more cookie photos and ideas for you to try!
- ½ cup butter (4 ounces or 1 stick)
- ½ cup white sugar (3½ ounces)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar (1¾ ounces)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 TBL whole milk
- 1½ cup unbleached all purpose flour ( 6½ ounces)
- 3 Tablespoon Dutch-process flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks (6 ounces)
- 3 ounce Dark chocolate Bar, cut up into chunks ( I used a Dark Chocolate Bar with sea salt)
- Sea Salt for sprinkling over cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugars
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until blended
- Add cocoa, baking soda and salt to flour and stir together in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet batter, alternating with milk
- Mix in white chocolate chunks and cut up chunks of dark chocolate bar
- Chill dough for 30 minutes
- Portion cookies using a large spoon or cookie scoop, placing on silpat cookie sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes for 15 large cookies
- Sprinkle with additional sea salt
Leave a Reply